Omron’s NB HMI series now support the Omron G9SP Programmable Safety Controller, providing machine builders with a feature rich and cost-effective solution compared to other low-I/O safety controllers.
The NB HMI series can be directly connected to Omron’s G9SP Safety Controller via serial communications. Direct connection allows you to easily monitor operational statuses and details of errors monitored by the G9SP controller, which contributes to reduced machine downtime. You can graphically show where in your machine a safety error has occurred, for example a door that is not closed or a broken switch.
Reduce cost and increase space
The G9SP Programmable Safety Controller has the ability to control both safety and standard I/O, which would require multiple controllers from other control suppliers. Some safety controllers only control safety I/O and require a separate network unit to connect to an HMI, which adds extra cost and increases space requirements. This solution allows customers to consolidate their Safety and low-I/O applications down to one controller and one HMI.
The NB HMI series are available in sizes from 3.5inch to a 10inch wide TFT colour touch screen with long-life LED backlighting and a wide viewing angle, bringing increased functionality and usability which is ideal for small and medium sized machines.
Omron G9SP support is provided by the free-of-charge NB-Designer software, version 1.32 or later.
NB HMI Models
· NB3Q-TW00B – NB HMI, 3.5” TFT LED, 1 x Serial, USB Slave
· NB3Q-TW01B – NB HMI, 3.5” TFT LED, 1 x Serial, Ethernet, USB Host & Slave
· NB5Q-TW00B – NB HMI, 5.6” TFT LED, 2 x Serial, USB Slave
· NB5Q-TW01B – NB HMI, 5.6” TFT LED, 2 x Serial, Ethernet, USB Host & Slave
· NB7W-TW00B – NB HMI, 7” Wide TFT LED, 2 x Serial, USB Slave
· NB7W-TW01B – NB HMI, 7” Wide TFT LED, 2 x Serial, Ethernet, USB Host & Slave
· NB10W-TW01B – NB HMI, 10.1” Wide TFT LED, 2 x Serial, Ethernet, USB Host & Slave
· G9SP Controller Models
· G9SP-N10D – G9SP Controller, 10 Safety Inputs, 6 Test Outputs, 16 Safety Outputs
· G9SP-N10S – G9SP Controller, 10 Safety Inputs, 4 Test Outputs, 4 Safety Outputs
· G9SP-N20S – G9SP Controller, 20 Safety Inputs, 6 Test Outputs, 8 Safety Outputs
· CP1W-CIF01 – RS-232C Optional Board; required for serial communication.