Ruland has expanded its line of adjustable components to include star knobs and adjustable clamping handles. This expansion gives designers a wider variety of standard in-stock components to choose from when designing machines where quick installation, adjustment, and removal is desired without the use of tools such as those found in packaging, printing, semiconductor, and machine tool.
Star knobs are used to install, remove, and adjust equipment, fixtures, and machinery. They have an ergonomic star-shaped handle for easy gripping and a threaded stud or tapped hole to replace standard hardware. Users turn the knob by hand to loosen or tighten the component as needed, eliminating the need for tools such as hex keys. Ruland star knobs are available in stainless steel knobs with stainless steel threaded components for more demanding or corrosive applications, and lightweight plastic knobs with zinc-plated steel threaded components for reduced weight and general industrial use. Star knobs are available in inch threads ranging from #10-32 to ½ inch and metric threads from M4 to M12.
Orange adjustable clamping handles are primarily used as a visible safety mechanism that alert operators to not touch or only touch this handle. The specific design of the machine will dictate which use is more suitable. Orange stands out and is an ideal color for industrial environments where machines are often made of black, silver, and white components and framing. Designers may also want to use a colored handle because it fits branding standards or makes their machine stand out. Orange handles are made from a zinc die cast lever and black oxide steel threaded component for high holding power and durability. Users lift the adjustable hand lever to turn it in either direction and release the handle to anchor it in a new position, significantly reducing the time it takes to reposition components and eliminating the need for tools such as hex keys. They are available with inch threads ranging from #10-32 to 5/8 inch and metric threads ranging from M4 to M16.
Star knobs and adjustable clamping handles are sourced from J.W. Winco. Full product specifications including free downloadable CAD files can be found at www.ruland.com.
• Save installation and down time with orange handles and star knobs that replace standard inch or metric hardware allowing for rapid change-outs
• Knobs and adjustable handles eliminate the need for hand tools when adjusting components
• Star knobs are available with stainless steel handles for corrosive environments and plastic for lightweight applications
• Adjustable clamping handles are available with zinc die-cast levers and thermoplastic levers to suit most operating environments
• RoHS3 and REACH compliant
• Large inventory, available for immediate delivery