Contrinex has introduced weld-immune versions into the Series 600 technology family, which are capable of withstanding high-intensity magnetic fields.
Featuring the well-proven Condet technology, both the new Series 600 sensors and the existing Series 700 Full Inox devices are true Factor 1 sensors, sensing targets in steel and aluminium equally effectively, with no reduction in sensing distance.
The sensors resist the strong magnetic fields in welding cells or other environments with high-intensity magnetic fields, whilst offering increased operating ranges – The new lower-cost 600 Series sensors offer the same sensing distance as their 700 Series stainless-steel sisters of up to 8mm.
For applications directly exposed to weld spatter, the sensors are available with an ACTIVSTONE coating, a high-performance ceramic layer that provides exceptional robustness in MIG, MAG and spot-welding applications. Custom-designed, ACTIVSTONE-coated accessories, including fixing nuts and mounting brackets, resist the accumulation of weld spatter and withstand frequent wire-brush cleaning.
Heavy-duty PUR cables and optional high-temperature-rated spatter-resistant shrouding prevent cable damage.
Combining exceptional durability in harsh environments with an extended working life, Contrinex’s enhanced Weld-Immune sensor range is a highly affordable, risk-free option for systems integrators and equipment designers in diverse industries, including automotive, aerospace, electronics and white goods.
• Low-cost 600 Series – All-metal housing & PEEK polymer sensing face
• Robust 700 Series – One-piece stainless-steel (V2A /AISI 303) housing and sensing face
• Robust & reliable in demanding conditions
• Excellent temperature stability & temperature-resistant
• Immune to electromagnetic interference from 50Hz and Medium-Frequency weld fields
• Excellent sensing of small & thin targets
• Factor 1 sensors offer equal sensing distance for steel & aluminium targets
•Ceramic ACTIVSTONE coating option
• IO-Link – Ideal for Industry 4 and offering Plug and Play swap-out
PLUS Automation can help you #MakeSenseofSensors to solve applications, improve machine performance and reliability, and reduce costs using Contrinex’s exceptional Inductive, Photoelectric, Ultrasonic, RFID & Machine Safety sensors.