Smiths Interconnect, a leading provider of innovative solutions for critical semiconductor test applications, has announced the introduction of its Joule 20 test socket for Peripheral IC Test.
Joule 20 test socket provides first-class performance for peripheral IC test
Joule 20 failsafe scrubbing contact technology provides first-class electrical and mechanical performance in testing peripheral ICs for the most demanding communication, consumer, wearable and automotive applications. Its innovative design allows for the housing to be disassembled without removing the socket from the PCB. This enables cleaning and repair to be done without taking production equipment offline, reducing equipment down-time and improving production throughput.
“The recent acceleration of the digital age is creating a huge demand for new consumer/ commercial electronics, as well as for self-driving vehicles. Integrated circuits become faster and more complex, which requires high test reliability and reduced test time”, said Bruce Valentine, Vice President and General Manager of the Semiconductor Test Business Unit at Smiths Interconnect. “As IC technology evolves to meet these demands, Smiths Interconnect stands ready to support with solutions like Joule, which provides increased throughput as well as faster, reliable, and repeatable testing of Peripheral Packages (QFN, QFP, and SOIC)”.
Smiths Interconnect’s Joule 20 test socket offers significant differentiating benefits including:
• Drop in socket, matching existing PCB socket footprints
• Extremely short signal path, providing high bandwidth up to 20GHz
• Very low contact resistance between the chip and the PCB, driving higher test yields
• High frequency capability to ensure signal integrity and reliability
• Tri-Temp Ready for wide temperature range (from -40 °C to +125 °C)
• Long contact life, up to 500K insertions