Autodesk has announced that Autodesk Inventor Fusion technology for 3D CAD modelling is now available for download in the Mac App Store for the first time.
Autodesk Inventor Fusion for Mac takes advantage of the new OS X Mountain Lion capabilities to help increase productivity and transform how designers share designs and receive feedback, whether in face-to-face meetings or participating in social communities.
Robert ‘Buzz’ Kross, senior vice president, design, lifecycle and simulation at Autodesk says, ‘Autodesk’s direct modelling technology changed the game in ease of use for 3D CAD design. With Autodesk Inventor Fusion for Mac, we are excited to bring the same disruptive innovation to users of Apple’s newest OS X Mountain Lion.’
Autodesk Inventor Fusion’s key features include:
- 2D Sketching – Start designs by using simple 2D sketch tools and control sketches with dimensions. Users can generate multiple shapes fast with 2D layouts.
- Direct Modelling – Users can more easily push, pull and edit to reach the final desired result. Direct modelling helps users focus on the design task and not on complex modelling commands and dialogs. Autodesk Inventor Fusion technology is a history-free 3D design tool.
- Assembly design – Assemblies that mimic the real world make positioning and moving the design fast and predictable. Designing in context provides users with information to help make better design decisions. Flexible assembly structure ensures that users can make changes at any time.
- Real-Time Visualization – 3D and fast real-time navigation make it easier to create and present designs.
- Cloud Storage – Store and share designs using Autodesk 360 collaboration service. Users can view designs on the go with Autodesk Viewers for iOS or WebGL-enabled browsers.
Autodesk Inventor Fusion technology for Mac was created with Apple’s latest OS X in mind, and takes advantage of the new features in Mountain Lion which include:
- Notification Center – Autodesk Inventor Fusion technology for Mac works with Autodesk 360 cloud services and Mountain Lion’s Notification Center so that users can receive notifications when files are edited, updated and more.
- Sharing – Users can communicate more easily with colleagues, clients and friends to show off their designs or request feedback via iMessage, email and Twitter by using the Share button in Mountain Lion.
- AirPlay Mirroring – Users can take charge in meetings with clients and colleagues by sharing the designs on the big screen with AirPlay Mirroring in Mountain Lion.
Autodesk Inventor Fusion for Mac additionally helps users leverage their 3D CAD modelling in full screen to help maximize productivity and bring design to the forefront.
Autodesk Inventor Fusion for Mac is available as a free download, in English, in the Mac App Store now. 3D Direct Modelling Software is also now available for OS X Mountain Lion.
Visit the Mac App Store to download Autodesk Inventor Fusion for Mac, or for further information and details.